[Histonet] shrinkage during IHC

zodiac29 <@t> comcast.net zodiac29 <@t> comcast.net
Sat Nov 6 07:27:47 CDT 2010

To All,

We are a lab that sends our specimens out for IHC and have just switched to another reference laboratory for these services. Our pathologist is saying that the tissue looks shrunk on the IHC slides, yet the slides that I process (H&E, and special stains)are fine. Does anyone know what is causing this? The reference lab said it could be the type of slides that I use to mount the sections we send to them. My knowledge in IHC is limited. Also, if this helps, they are FFPE tissue.

Thanks for your help

Jenny