[Histonet] Mounting Medium for Immunofluorescence

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Thu May 20 14:18:33 CDT 2010

Actually if I could make a minor correction to your statement: propidium
iodide is excited by green light at 488nm but emits in the red portion of
the spectrum (620nm)...

--On Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:48 PM -0600 Liz Chlipala
<liz <@t> premierlab.com> wrote:

> I think that the propidium iodide will stain the nuclei or DNA, similar
> to DAPI, so this mounting media will counterstain the nuclei and its
> visible in the FITC wavelength (488), while if you conterstain with DAPI
> it is excited with a different wavelength, therefore it might interfere
> with the FITC portion of your stain.
>
> Liz
>
> Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)QIHC
> Manager
> Premier Laboratory, LLC
> PO Box 18592
> Boulder, Colorado 80308
> office (303) 682-3949
> fax (303) 682-9060
> www.premierlab.com
>

> Ship to Address:
> 1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
> Longmont, Colorado 80504

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician III
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.