[Histonet] IHC

andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com
Fri May 14 18:18:01 CDT 2010

Overnight is surely fine but make sure at 4 deg C for two reasons. First you want to minimize any bacterial growth. Second you want to ensure it doesn't evaporate significantly which would change your antibody concentration. For that same reason make sure you humidify the chamber amply as well as don't skimp on the volume applied to the slide - as even humidified and at 4 deg C eventually everything evaporates (say if you left it for days).

If you routinely do this ab for 1h RT and are now switching to overnight be aware you may (or may not) get more staining or nonspecific binding. The titration of ab could be a little different when optimiZed for overnight.

That being said, I say go for it.

From: sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:37:19
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC

   Can  you  leave  your  primary antibody on slides overnight (or the w   eekend)  or  will  this  screw  things  up?   I  don't want to be here
   anothercouple of hours for secondary, etc. on a Friday!!

   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   <i>Histotechnician

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg 4 Suite 100

   Austin, Texas  78744

   (512)386-5107