SPAM-LOW: RE: [Histonet] Incubation of Ab more then 1 hour in autostainer

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Mar 19 09:02:20 CDT 2010

Yea I don't do incubations for longer than one hour on the autostainer and I
do put thin trays of water under the slides and on the sides of the machine
(it is very dry in Colorado), but I can think of a way you could do longer
incubations if you were around, put a coverslip or parafilm over the section
after the ab has been applied, you would just have to be there to take it
off before the machine goes on to the next steps.

This is one area the Leica Bond with coverplates and the Ventana with liq
coverslip has over the Dako.  I do 2 hour hybridization at 37dc for ish on
the bond with the coverplates and the sections do not dry out.

Regards,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech