[Histonet] spinal cord paraffin embedding

V. Neubert histonet.nospam <@t> vneubert.com
Mon Mar 15 09:33:24 CDT 2010

Hi,

I processed small porcine spinal cord once (diameter ~3-5mm).
My pathologist did not mention any abnormalities, so I guess our
standard protocol for every type of tissue was fine.

for 1h each:
NBF
70% isopropanol ( = 2-propanol)
80% isopropanol
95% isopropanol
100% isopropanol
100% isopropanol
100% isopropanol
xylene
xylene
paraffine
paraffine

If nothing else helps, maybe you want to give that a try with slightly
shorter times in the alcoholic solutions, as your specimen seems to be
smaller in size.