[Histonet] Microwave processing and IHCs

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:23:00 CST 2010

I have used the Sakura Xpress for 5+ years and have had great success w/ all staining, w/ little to no changes. The Xpress does not use Xylene and that was a change from our conventional processing and reagents, so we did have to collect new control tissues. I say that anytime you change the process, you MUST collect new control tissue and you will ned to document. When CAP comes to visit and they see a MW processor, you will need to show them your validation and control tissue documentation. If you have the possibility of using both conventional or Microwave processd tissue, then make a modified sausage block to include both types of processing protocols, so that work can flow through the lab smoothly.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)