[Histonet] Help Resurrecting Dried Fixed Tissue

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 18:12:57 CDT 2010

We have success with Sandison Method, see below:

Sandison Method

Solutions:
95% ethanol			300ml
38% Formalin		10ml
Sodium carbonate		10g
Water				690ml

Method:

Leave tissues in solution overnight or until they become soft. Replace
one third of fluid with 95% ethanol, repeat until tissue becomes firm.

Reference:

	"The histological examination of Mummified Tissue" Stain Techn
30:277-283, 1955

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA