[Histonet] Breezy lab

Cindy DuBois integrated.histo <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 10:16:39 CDT 2010

We solved the air vent problem by first taping a file folder to the
overhead vent so it directed the flow away from our cutting stations.
That worked somewhat, but not completely.  So we then taped a file
folder to the inside of the grate over the vent and now - no more
breeze!  But i can't wait to see what the maintenance people will say
when they come and clean the vents - a once a year event.

Cindy

Hi Josie and Chris,

I've worked in labs with similar problems.  Breezes are nice outdoors but
cause havoc with ribbons.  If you can't get them to put in a door (which
you'll probably have to lock since folks will walk in, shut the door and
cause a breeze that way) then how about those fuzzy cubicle walls?  The ones
that are used in prairie dog farms (I mean open office situations  ;-)  ).
Also, you'll need to install some type of baffle or other item that hangs
from the air ducts and deflects the air across the ceiling instead of
straight down.

Good luck!

Paula  :-)