[Histonet] NY licensing

Jennifer Campbell jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com
Tue Jun 15 18:16:11 CDT 2010

I'm looking into requirements for getting licensed as a histotech in NY and I am a little unsure of whether my educational experience will be considered a substantial equivalent to their requirements.  They require education from a Histology program or something equivalent.  I graduated from a 4 year university (UC Davis) with a B.S. in Animal Science (includes all science courses--biology, chem, organic chemistry, physics, anatomy etc) but I never specifically took a class on histology and its techniques used in the lab.  Do you still think they will consider me eligible or would they require me to complete a histology program?  I have yet to find the chance to call them since they close at 4:45 ET and I am on the west coast.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer Campbell