SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] ink on film coverslips

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Jun 11 10:53:58 CDT 2010

Try acetone which will also remove the tape cs, maybe that is what you
should do, remove the tape coverslip in acetone and recover it.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amy Farnan
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:42 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] ink on film coverslips

Hi everyone,
I am trying to completely remove the dotting ink from our slides. I have
tried alcohol and it takes off the blue dotting ink but the green ink leaves
a yellow faded dot on the cover slip. The cover slips that we use are the
film coverslip so I think the ink gets absorbed somehow. Do you have any
ideas that may take the ink off of the cover slips?
I would like to avoid taking the coverslip off the slide if possible.

Thank you,
Amy Farnan
Northeast Health

Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, or distribute this message,
and please immediately contact the sender.