[Histonet] Ocular fiative

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Thu Jun 10 08:34:53 CDT 2010

   Davidson’s Fixative
   740 mL 37% Formaldehyde
   1110 mL   40 mL Glacial Acetic Acid
   1110 mL Tap Water
   I  have  used  this  recipe  for some time and it works re   Maybe this would satisfy your pathologist?  YOu can p   fresh into this and fix overnight, then process routinely.&   sections turn out great!!
   Sarah Goeb   Histotechnicia   XBiotech USA Inc.
   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg 4 Suite 100<   Austin, Texas  78744
   <
   (512)386-5107

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [Histonet] Ocular fiative
   From: [1]tahseen <@t> brain.net.pk
   Date: Wed, June 09, 2010 9:53 pm
   To: [2]histonet <@t> lists.u   HI all,
   We are using Alcoholic formalin fixative for ocular (Eye) specimens,
   Reference  Tech  Sample  (ASCP) HT-2(1995), since last 15 year without
   facing<   Now  one  of  our  pathologists  (New  joiner)  wants to fix Ocular in
   10%NBF.
   I would lick to know how are doing others, and is there any comparison
   between 10%NBF verses Alcoholic fixative for Ocular (Eye).
   Thanks,
   Muhammad Tahseen
   Histology Supervisor
   SKMCH&RC Lahore