[Histonet] Hemoglobin Stain

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Jul 15 11:41:54 CDT 2010

Anna,

Are you limited to histochemical stains?  Because if you're not,
hemoglobin may be detected by immunohistochemistry quite nicely.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Anna
Taylor
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Hemoglobin Stain

Hi all,

In my quest for advice about what will be my very first attempt at
histology, I have been recommended to post my query here.

I'm attempting to demonstrate hemoglobin in FFPE lymph node sections.
I've been able to find a couple of techniques  (namely the Dunn &
Thompson technique and Okajima's technique), although I'm not sure how
suitable either would be on lymph node sections? As I said, this will be
my debut experience in histology/histochemistry so any
advice/recommendations at all will be appreciated :)Thanks,Anna.