[Histonet] (no subject)

DKBoyd <@t> chs.net DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Wed Jul 7 12:53:12 CDT 2010

It seems to me that Histotech non-registered without pay increase would be
appropriate.  Why would you change his title and give him an increase in
pay when he didn't fulfill his employment agreement?  I would not decrease
his pay and I would not terminate a good employee.  Apparently he earned
his present pay as an "undocumented" non-registered Histotech and nothing
has changed.  He should continue to get merit increases as per usual, with
the goal of getting the Associates Degree, and registry (if still
interested).
He should be allowed to perform any function he has been deemed competent
to perform.
Just my 2 cents.

Debbie M. Boyd, HT(ASCP) l Chief Histologist l Southside Regional Medical
Center I
200 Medical Park Boulevard l Petersburg, Va.  23805 l T: 804-765-5050 l F:
804-765-5582 l dkboyd <@t> chs.net

"Fredrickson, Mona" <mfredrickson <@t> nrh-ok.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
07/07/2010 01:04 PM

"Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] (no subject)

Hello All in Histoland,
I have a tech who is employed as Histotech eligible, but he was not able
to pass the HT exam and now is no longer eligible to thake the test
because he has to get his associates degree in science.  The lab
management wants to change his title from histotech eligible to histotech
non-registered without pay increase.  But I feel the pay should be
increased. So I would appreciate comments on the following:
1.) should title be changed from eligible to non-registered?
2.) After having done this for 8 years should his pay stay the same?
3. Should job responsibilities remain the same
 Thank you in advance for feedback!
Histotech in Oklahoma

<FONT face=Tahoma size=2>
<FONT color=#0000ff><U><FONT size=2>
<P>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:</U></P>
<P>This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use
of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy all copies of this communication
and any attachments.</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>