[Histonet] Has anyone used a biotin block in their antibody diluent?

Jennifer Campbell jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com
Tue Jul 6 21:11:14 CDT 2010

Hi All,

 Has anyone ever used a Biotin block in their primary anitbody diluent?  I have been having problems with nonspecific staining, which I suspect is due to endogenous biotin.  I plan on decreasing my antigen retrieval time, as someone has told me that an antigen retrieval that is too vigorous may cause the unmasking of biotin, and its subsequent staining. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck using a biotin block in their diluent because I may try that as well.

Thanks,

Jennifer Campbell