[Histonet] Eliminating the edge effect in IHC/IF

histology <@t> medsurgpath.com histology <@t> medsurgpath.com
Wed Jan 13 09:50:50 CST 2010

Hi Karen/Histonet,
This is a problem we have been working on for some time with our IHC.  We
have ruled out fixation as the source of the problem, and we are in Oregon
so we don't believe we are having a drying out issue.  I have also tried
different detection kits with both having this artifact.  Recently we were
wondering if it could be a problem with our blower. Is it possible that it
is blowing too hard, or that the rinses are too hard? We have tried hand
staining twice, once with perfect results, once with the same artifact.
Any additional advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, once again,
Katelin Lester, HTL(ASCP)
MedSurg Pathology Associates, Inc.
(formerly Cutting Edge Histology)