AW: [Histonet] Eliminating the edge effect in IHC/IF

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Wed Jan 13 08:32:19 CST 2010

My favourite for intense specific staining at the edges vs. faint specific
staining in the center is poor fixation.
I think drying artefacts or crush artefacts would lead rather to unspecific
background staining.

Gudrun Lang

Histolab, Akh Linz, Austria

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Karen Cai
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Jänner 2010 20:01
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Eliminating the edge effect in IHC/IF

Hi,
I have a question for the generous input. When I do the IHC or IF, it
seems very common that the intensity of the edge area of the tissue is
always stronger than the central tissue part. Is it possible to
eliminate this and make the staining evenly distributed around the whole
tissue section?

Your kind help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Best,