[Histonet] Liver tissue

Mike Tighe mtighe <@t> trudeauinstitute.org
Tue Feb 9 13:57:15 CST 2010

I am having trouble cutting FFPE liver sections. I have embedded the tissue manually going from fomalin to water to increasing ethanol to xylene and to paraffin. I can get good sections by soaking the block with ice cold water before taking a few sections but then have to re-soak in order to take more sections. If I do not soak the tissue on the chuck the liver crumbles and falls out of the paraffin. The soaking and sectioning is very time consuming. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help!!
Mike