[Histonet] Problems with fixation of mouse testes for IHC

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Mon Aug 30 14:42:21 CDT 2010

   Try  fixing  in  cold  acetone or "PenFix" (I think you can get it th   rough  Fisher  or the likes).  Acetone is what I usually use, although
   i   contain  a   require any retrieval
   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   Histotechnician

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg
   Austin, Texas  78744

   <
   (512)386-5
   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [Histonet] Problems with fixation of mouse testes for IHC
   From: Rocky Parker <[1]rparker <@t> monell   Date: Mon, August 30, 2010 12:09 pm
   To: [2]histonet <@t> lists.uts   Hi everyone,
   I'm having a difficult time getting reliable structural staining for
   OCT embedded samples of mouse testes. Long story short, when I use 4%
   PFA (4C) for 2-4h, the connective tissue between the tubules of the
   testis is gone or noticeably shrunken. I need to visualize the Sertoli
   and Leydig cells within the testes since I'm looking for differences
   in antibody staining (Gproteins, hormone receptors) between different
   knockouts. I have yet to find a method for fixation that does not
   require antigen retrieval and also provides great structure.
   Any advice is welcomed!
   Cheers,
   Rocky