[Histonet] Ventana vs Leica

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sat Aug 28 09:33:57 CDT 2010

Is there anyone in FL who can confirm (or refute) my thoughts on whether or
not a lab aide can load the IHC machine if a tech set up the labels for the
automated staining?  And if they can load it, is there any documentation to
support this, just to keep my lab honest?

Thanks!

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahoney,Janice A [mailto:Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 3:31 PM
To: histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Cc: BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org; JayLundgren; histonet;
histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Ventana vs Leica

Our Techs load all the reagents and assure that the slides are labeled
properly.  With Ventana it is so simple to load the slides, they can go in
any order so there are no mix ups.  Each slide has a bar code which matches
the protocol.
I would caution you when looking at pricing.  I have heard that if you have
one slide in one of the modules on the Bond, that it needs enough fluid for
5 slides to activate the pump.  That would be wasting 4/5 of the fluids
needed for that module.  Sounds like a-lot of waste to me.  I would ask
about this for sure. Janice Mahoney HT(ASCP) Histology/Cytology Coordinator
Alegent Health Laboratory 4955 F Street Omaha, NE (402)717-2889