[Histonet] Ventana vs Leica

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Tue Aug 24 14:04:30 CDT 2010

Jay,
 I currently use the Ventana and am very pleased with the results I get.
The only draw back is the cost to run the instrument. It can get quite
pricey. They added space on the antibody wheel but took space away from the
slide area. This has impacted our work flow greatly. We are however looking
to purchase a second one. This one will have continual through put. That
should help out with TAT. Hope this helps.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

             Jay Lundgren
             <jaylundgren <@t> gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  histonet
             histonet-bounces@         <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
             lists.utsouthwest                                          cc
             ern.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Histonet] Ventana vs Leica
             08/24/2010 02:30
             PM

     I was wondering if anyone out there had experience with both the
Ventana Ultra and the Leica Bond immunostainers.  I realize that most
people
have a personal preference as to brands, but I'm not looking for a
knee-jerk
opinion (LEICA RULZ!!!!11 or VENTANA FTW!!), just someone who has had
actual
experience working on a daily basis with both instruments.  If this is you,
could you please tell me which you preferred and why.
     I'm currently working for a facility in MT which has narrowed down its
search to these two instruments.  No vendors please, they've already given
their pitches.

                                                         Thanks,
                                                              Jay A.
Lundgren M.S., HTL (ASCP)