[Histonet] Sakura Tape coverslipper

Jason McGough jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com
Wed Aug 11 13:52:44 CDT 2010

We had the same problem a few years ago and it was water in our xylene
stations on the stainer. We change our xylene out more frequently now and
the problem has not come up since.

Jason McGough HT(ASCP)
Account Representative - Anatomic Pathology
Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills
2805 5th Street Suite 210
Rapid City, SD 57701
605-343-2267 Ext 127
605-718-3779 (Fax)
jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Nails,
Felton
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:36 PM
To: 'Gauch, Vicki'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Sakura Tape coverslipper

Has anyone been experiencing a brown cornflaking artifact on their slides
after being coverslipped.
I was told by Sakura that it was do to the slides drying out when
transferred from the stainer to the coverslipper.
Which can't be correct because on the new sakura coverslipper there is a
holding area which is filled with xylene so if the tissue dried out it would
rehydrate before being coverslipped.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of
the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying
to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and
attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance
upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To
contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices,
please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.