[Histonet] Sakura Tape coverslipper

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed Aug 11 13:50:08 CDT 2010

OMG.   This problem was ever present in our lab for years, until I figured
out that ANY minute trace of moisture, water, eosin in the last absolute
alcohol would interfere with the activation of the adhesive in the tape,
and create this brown artefact.   We religiously change our absolute
alcohols on the autostainer so the last alcohol is perfectly clear of any
hint of eosin, and the artefact has disappeared from our tape-coverslipped
slides.    The Sakura rep couldn't help me either, and told me they had
NEVER seen this problem before.   Love it.

Keep your last 100% PRISTINE, and the artefact will be eliminated.   I
promise.

Jackie O'

From:
"Nails, Felton" <flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org>