[Histonet] how to make crashed ice?

koellingr <@t> comcast.net koellingr <@t> comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 12:12:45 CDT 2010

Hello,

It is very inexpensive, a few dollars, to buy a counter-top ice crusher, that a professional bartender might use to crush ice for drinks.  Can be bought at most any store.  We crush ice every day on a daily basis to create a small tub of  ice we need for reagents.  Only the size of like a small kitchen food processor. Just add ice cubes and crush them in a few seconds without a hammer and the mess.

Ray

PhenoPath Labs

Seattle, WA

----- Original Message -----
From: "louise renton" <louise.renton <@t> gmail.com>
To: "gu lang" <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at>, Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Saturday, August 7, 2010 3:24:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] how to make crashed ice?

Hi gudrun,

Place the ice - ice cubes works best in a plastic bag, wrap in a towel and
bash with a heavy object like a hammer. You can also use Jamie Oliver's
trick - put ice cubes in a cloth tea towel, , bring the  4 corners together,
tie them in knot, and then hit the "parcel" on the edge of your work surface
until the ice is the sze you need....

hope this helps

--
Louise Renton