[Histonet] decalcification

Sean McBride smcbride <@t> andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 2 12:19:46 CDT 2010

> Hi Dorothy,

I'm not sure what size bone specimens with which you are working, but I generally work with femurs & calvaria from rabbits, canine & other small rodents.  I fix my specimens longer in 10% NBF using an automated vacuum infiltration processor.  Following fixation, if decal is required, I will decal in buffered formic acid solution and use a calcium reagent set to titrate to the decalcification endpoint. If you would like any specifics, contact me offline.

Best regards,

~Sean McBride

Senior Researcher
Bone Tissue Engineering Center