[Histonet] Bone Marrow Clots - falling off slides

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Mon Apr 26 22:26:43 CDT 2010

Hi Histonetters!

We have started to have an issue with our bone marrow clots falling off the
slides.  We are using plus slides, making sure they drain well (just like
our other slides), but when we stain them routinely, we are getting a fair
amount of tissue coming off the slides.

It has been suggested that it's related to our using recycled xylene.  Does
anyone have any experience with recycled xylene and this type of tissue
fall-off?

Another suggestion was that the tissues sat in xylene too long.  I don't see
how that could happen, under routine conditions, but is that a possibility
for causing this?

All thoughts will be appreciated!

Michelle