[Histonet] Bone marrow trephine decalcification

Marinez mbbarra <@t> uol.com.br
Wed Apr 21 15:14:52 CDT 2010

I'm in a bit of trouble. I work in the south of Brazil (Porto Alegre) for some years and now in my hospital a lot of bone marrow biopsies are being performed (leukemia and lymphomas). With decalcification with strong acids (nitric) I'm getting very poor results with the immunohistochemistry. I'm trying to use EDTA but we really are not getting speed or good results (we  controled de pH but still precipitates). Could some one be kind enough to send me some formula (simple one please) that will work in reasonable time (24 or 48 hours) and perform well with immunohistochemistry? I would deeply grateful.

M. Barra