[Histonet] retrieveing DNA from a mounted H&E slide

Barone, Carol cbarone <@t> NEMOURS.ORG
Mon Apr 19 12:40:46 CDT 2010

Hello histonetter's...I come one again to the experts in the field.

I have been give two H&E slides from an autopsy case (have no idea how
old)...and have been asked to retieve this tissue into an eppy with
lysis buffer for DNA. Does anyone out there have an existing method for
doing this? I have a notion what is needed to do this (though I am
somewhat skeptical on the quality of the DNA retieved from the tissue)
.....but, perfer not to re-invent the wheel...So if someone out there
has a method for doing this, I would certainly appreciate it, if you
wouldn't mind sharing it with us. Thanks... to all! CB