[Histonet] staining of plastic sections

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 30 11:03:18 CDT 2009

Perhaps you could try the Paragon stain.  It looks more like an H&E.

Kathy Walters

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lesley
Bechtold
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Pete Finger
Subject: [Histonet] staining of plastic sections

Hi Histonetters,

If anyone has a good protocol for staining plastic sections, could they
share it?  We have samples embedded in an epoxy resin for TEM but they
love the semi-thick sections on the glass slide and asked if we could do
something other than a toluidine blue O, the standard stain for plastic.
We have tried H&E and PAS with no success.  If there some way to treat
the sections in order to get them to stain?  Is there another stain we
could try?

Thank you!

Lesley

Lesley S. Bechtold