[Histonet] H&E preparation

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Wed Sep 2 02:53:46 CDT 2009

Ripening in the sun (we do get some in the UK) used to give Haematoxylin
that was stable; if you forgot to make any up then you hastely added
oxidising agent to a new batch or 'jumped started' a batch that was as
yet still immature. That batch then never seemed to last as long as you
got muddy staining. They looked quite pretty, lines of 5 litres flasks
with their contents ripening in the sun with cotton wool balls sticking
out of the top, next to the cigarette ashtrays. How things have
changed..............

Kemlo Rogerson
e-mail kemlorogerson <@t> nhs.net if not at work.
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311     Mob 07749 754194;
Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. --Jonah
Lehrer
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation