[Histonet] !0% buffered formalin corrosive?

Martin, Gary gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org
Thu Nov 19 12:08:59 CST 2009

I have a question around 10% buffered formalin being shipped to us.  The
shipper considers this corrosive.  I have been told that if the formalin
is shipped in 6oml biopsy bottles it does not receive that "corrosive"
rating when shipped.  I have also been told that if the shipment of
formalin is on a pallet and it weights 220 lbs or more, it will not
receive the "corrosive" rating when shipped.  Can someone bring some
clarity to the "corrosive" rating for me.

Much thanks

Gary