[Histonet] RE: trichrome stain on GMA bone sections

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Sat May 30 10:00:44 CDT 2009

Ricki,

I have a Modified Oserhoff (sp) Massons Trichrome method for bone sections
in GMA but it requires a really thin sections (1 um) and no microwave
heating.  Bob Skinner had great success with this modified staining method.
There  is also a publication in J of Histotechnology on this protocol, many
years back.    I can dig  the method  out of my pre-computer day files for
you if you wish.

Doing trichromes on GMA embedded tissues is tricky due to the nature of dyes
(aniline blue) and the dye molecular weights.  Often the GMA stains blue
too??

Gayle M. Callis

HTL(ASCP)HT,MT

Bozeman MT