[Histonet] Microtome Problems

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri May 29 09:38:26 CDT 2009

Usually the service techs that come in will give a 30 day call-back period that is included as part of the service call. I would have them come back until it is working properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
Veterinary Services Laboratory
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome Problems

Hello All

I'm new to the group and histo. (3 years) so far I'm getting a lot of useful
tips from all the messages.  Thank you.

I have two microtomes that were working almost perfectly before I had a
technician service them.  Now, the Leica 2035 Jung biocuts' blade holder is
twisting to the side (going up at one end).  I have tried tightening,
slacking, and cleaning the entire assembly to no avail.  Does anyone know of
where I might be able to source one or even how to fix the one I have.

Secondly, the Leitz 1512 rotary microtome, is now jumping forward and giving
a loud clanking noise.  It takes huge chunks out of the tissue.

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thank you

Sharon

Ms. Sharon Drayton

Veterinary Services Laboratory

Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development

The Pine

St. Michael BB11091

Barbados

Tel:  (246) 427-5492 or (246) 427-5073

Fax: (246)426-7517

Email:  vetlab <@t> caribsurf.com

Website:  www.agriculture.gov.bb

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from
Somerset Medical Center and are intended only for the addressee.
The information contained in this message is confidential
and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or
trade secret information entitled to protection and/or exemption
from disclosure under applicable law. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify
the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call
Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk at
908-685-2200, ext. 4050.
Somerset Medical Center is the recipient of the
2009 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award(tm) from HealthGrades,
the nation's leading health care ratings company.

Visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site - www.somersetmedicalcenter.com -
for news, event listings, health information and more. And, find us on Facebook
and "Become a Fan" for up-to-the-minute medical center news.