[Histonet] Microtome Problems

Galbraith, Joe joseph-galbraith <@t> uiowa.edu
Fri May 29 09:35:22 CDT 2009

Sharon:

I will let others with personal experience with your particular
microtomes offer advice on how to repair them but, first and foremost,
if these problems occurred as a direct result of the service call, I
would be in immediate contact with the company that provided the
service, complain to them about the outcome you experienced, and insist
that they make the situation right by you.  Especially if you contact
them right away, they should at the least return to correct the problems
they created, possibly by sending a different rep.  Best of luck.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Veterinary Services Laboratory
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome Problems

Hello All

I'm new to the group and histo. (3 years) so far I'm getting a lot of
useful
tips from all the messages.  Thank you.

I have two microtomes that were working almost perfectly before I had a
technician service them.  Now, the Leica 2035 Jung biocuts' blade holder
is
twisting to the side (going up at one end).  I have tried tightening,
slacking, and cleaning the entire assembly to no avail.  Does anyone
know of
where I might be able to source one or even how to fix the one I have.

Secondly, the Leitz 1512 rotary microtome, is now jumping forward and
giving
a loud clanking noise.  It takes huge chunks out of the tissue.

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thank you

Sharon

Ms. Sharon Drayton

Veterinary Services Laboratory

Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development

The Pine

St. Michael BB11091

Barbados

Tel:  (246) 427-5492 or (246) 427-5073