[Histonet] Microtome Problems

Veterinary Services Laboratory vetlab <@t> caribsurf.com
Fri May 29 09:11:54 CDT 2009

Hello All

I'm new to the group and histo. (3 years) so far I'm getting a lot of useful
tips from all the messages.  Thank you.

I have two microtomes that were working almost perfectly before I had a
technician service them.  Now, the Leica 2035 Jung biocuts' blade holder is
twisting to the side (going up at one end).  I have tried tightening,
slacking, and cleaning the entire assembly to no avail.  Does anyone know of
where I might be able to source one or even how to fix the one I have.

Secondly, the Leitz 1512 rotary microtome, is now jumping forward and giving
a loud clanking noise.  It takes huge chunks out of the tissue.

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thank you

Sharon

Ms. Sharon Drayton

Veterinary Services Laboratory

Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development

The Pine

St. Michael BB11091

Barbados

Tel:  (246) 427-5492 or (246) 427-5073