[Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper xylene residue issue

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Fri May 29 09:07:31 CDT 2009

We set the racks in front of a small fan.  It would be nice if Sakura
could incorporate some kind of drying fan in their coverslipper.
Laurie Colbert

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:03 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper xylene residue issue

Hi,
    We have a newer Sakura film coverslipper, does anyone have
experience with this piece of equipment. I have a problem with the
slides having a light xylene residue, after the slides come off of the
coverslipper.

How do you dry them? If I leave the slides on the coverslipper to air
dry the xylene residue is noticeable. If I lightly wipe off all of the
slides as they come off the coverslipper they look clean.

How do you guys do it? I think it is a waste of time to wipe off all of
the slides. I don't think the xylene flow is too high.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)