[Histonet] cloudy formalin in tissue processor

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Fri May 22 02:21:07 CDT 2009

The old tissue processors used to have cloudy formalin to the point
you'd get a layer at the bottom of the jars. If it is not contamination
from the clearing fluids already suggested, could it not just be the
fixed protein from the tissues that is held in suspension. I would have
thought very bloody or very proteinaseous tissue would have these labile
proteins fixed which would then fall out of solution; from memory the
cold makes it worse.

Kemlo Rogerson
e-mail kemlorogerson <@t> nhs.net if not at work.
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311     Mob 07749 754194;
Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. --Jonah
Lehrer
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation