[Histonet] fume hood regulations

Yak-Nam Wang ynwang <@t> u.washington.edu
Thu May 21 13:16:54 CDT 2009

Hi,

At the University of Washington we have been told to lower the sash all the
way when the hood is not in use to save energy and money. I believe there
have been several Universities that have done some cost analysis of this and
have show large savings in money (one study stated $1500 per year per fume
hood in savings and a reduction in 10,600 lbs of CO2 emissions). If you want
more information just do a search for "shut the sash". So, if it is not
feasible to shut off the hood you can save energy and money just by closing
the sash.

Have a great weekend.
Yak-Nam