[Histonet] RE :Bone saw

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 21 12:36:10 CDT 2009

Hi Christine,

About 5 years ago I modified the jaws of an  angle vise for holding bones and attached it to a platform  for use in our laboratory.
I found an ideal over the counter saw called a Bosche power hand saw which cost about $100. When I brought it to our lead PA
 he returned to me and said it took 20 minutes to do the job that took two hours with his previous bone cutting saw. After about
4 years of great success with this pair I decided to make a small run of  vise designed to be used to hold bones for sawing.
I recommend this same inexpensive saw or any hand saw to use with it. You can serial section a femoral head in many 2-3 mm
slices effortless. If you visit my web site at:

 http://www.pathologyinnovations.com/bone_vise.htm
you can see the saw and vice in video and pictures. Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Stephen Peters M.D.
Pathology Innovations, LLC
410 Old Mill Lane,
Wyckoff, NJ 07481