[Histonet] fume hood regulations

Montina Van Meter Montina.VanMeter <@t> pbrc.edu
Thu May 21 12:10:59 CDT 2009

Fellow Histonetters,
   Does anyone have knowledge of guidelines or regulations on whether a
fume hood must remain "on" 24/7?  In a cost cutting measure a facility
is considering turning off the fume hoods from 7pm to 5am.   I have
expressed my concern with the idea because of the huge health and safety
issue for those who work after hours.   This facility could be setting
themselves up for a huge liability law suit.   I would appreciate
written guidelines to strengthen my opposition to this "cost cutting "
measure.

Thank you,

Tina