[Histonet] 70% alcohol fixation of brain

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri May 15 10:56:40 CDT 2009

Greetings TF:

Good luck freezing a brain that is full of alcohol! Have you checked the
freezing point of alcohol?
Why are you doing this?
Immersing a whole brain in 70% alcohol, why??
30% sucrose is a cryoprotectant so the brain is not full of holes from
ice crystals.Alcohol defeats this purpose.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.