[Histonet] Dako, Thermo and others

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Thu Mar 12 10:53:47 CDT 2009

I wasn't aware that Thermo now has the rights for the PSLIM. Thanks for posting this Victor. I did have an interest in this printer at one time, but based on this information I won't be considering it.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, South Carolina 29425
Tel: (843) 792-6353
Fax: (843) 792-8974

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Victor Tobias
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:02 AM
To: jeff
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Dako, Thermo and others

Jeff,

It is not just Dako, but many vendors have jacked up the cost of goods.
Let's take the PSLIM from Accuplace. About a month ago you could
purchase this for $5K. Now that Thermo has acquired distribution rights
it costs over $10K and nothing has changed. To me, it is better to sell
10 at $5K than 5 at $10K. We were ready to purchase several more of
these, but have to reconsider our options now. No wonder Healthcare
costs are out of control.

Victor

Victor Tobias
Clinical Applications Analyst
University of Washington Medical Center
Dept of Pathology Room BB220
1959 NE Pacific
Seattle, WA 98195
victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu
206-598-2792
206-598-7659 Fax
Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be
contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use
of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or
if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read,
disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this
transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and
then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.