[Histonet] Water bubble on slides

Vanessa J. Phelan vjp2105 <@t> columbia.edu
Wed Mar 4 15:35:14 CST 2009

Hi everyone,

Quick question, I am finding after cutting a lot of slides for H&Es onto VWR
Superfrost Plus slides (these are the only slides we have at the moment)
that when I lift sections from the water bath ( of distilled water) a water
bubble stays under the sections on the slide. When I lie them flat on the
hot plate to dry the water bubble is tending to distort the tissue by
escaping out through he tissue, eventually. I have not experienced this
before, the water has ran off the slide no problem. Would it be the slides
that are the problem or anything I might need to add to the water?

I have just ordered a histology oven, this may be the solution...drying the
slides standing up!

Vanessa