[Histonet] signs of good perfusion

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Tue Jun 30 07:15:41 CDT 2009

That's cruel; how would you like it?

Kemlo Rogerson
e-mail kemlorogerson <@t> nhs.net if not at work.
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311     Mob 07749 754194;
Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. --Jonah
Lehrer
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of raghul
Sent: 30 June 2009 05:03
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] signs of good perfusion

Dear Dzung,

I wonder whether the perfusion would be good in an euthanized animal
with the circulation arrested. It would be better to try it under deep
anesthesia. Certainly perfusion would be better

Regards
Raghul
RCC laboratories India Pvt. Ltd

Hi Everyone!!

   I am perfusing CO2 euthanized 3 weeks old mice with PBS only.  I am
nicking the upper right atrium of heart to collect the gushed out blood
and then perfusing through ventricle using a 21G butterfly needle and
peristaltic pump.  Sometimes I see the lungs swelling up and fluid comes
out of mouth.  Occasionally, I see the liver fade to light pink.  Most
of the time the paws become white.  But the brain and spinal cord (my
tissues of
interest) are always white, and seem to have been perfused.  I was
wondering how to improve this to get more consistent good perfusions,
and what signs should I look for to indicate good perfusion?

Thanks much,

Dzung
NIAID

Message: 5