[Histonet] 2011 mandate for CA histology certification

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 09:28:55 CDT 2009

Good Morning Histoland and Happy Friday!

I need your assistance on a on-going question which has been kicked around since 2005.  I tried to look this up in the Histonet Archives, but was unsuccessful.  Perhaps, my key words were incorrect.  Anyway, it was my understanding that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger put a mandate on all laboratory staff, including histologists, that they were required to be certified by 2011.  It was further my understanding that un-certified histology staff were only going to be able to work as histology assistants.  Could I get some clarification on this matter.

Thanks,
Akemi Allison-Tacha BS, HT/HTL