[Histonet] Superfrost plus slides

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Fri Jun 19 19:56:59 CDT 2009

You did not say which slides you use, but you may want to try Thermo
Scientific EXCELL slides.  The special coating resists the effects of high
pH EDTA antigen retrieval and heat.  Hopefully, you are putting any
adhesives in the water-bath when using Plus Charge or any other coated
slides.  The gelatin in these adhesives coats the plus charge and negates
that charge.

Gayle M. Callis
HTL(ASCP)HT,MT
Bozeman MT

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Haviland,Joie
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 5:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Superfrost plus slides

Hello Histonetters:

I am having problems with tissue just disappearing in my lastest batches of
slides.  I have been doing a lot of H&E's and did not have too many
problems.  But I am cutting testis to use with a CD168 ab.  Everytime after
the 1mM EDTA AR,the tissue disappears from the slide.  I allow the sections
to dry overnight in our hood before placing the slides at 60'C overnight.
And sometimes I am in a hurry to get it done that I put them right away in
the oven. I am also having problems with mouse skin tissue that has hair on
it.  Seems that the section is lifting on some parts of the slide but not
others.  It is very frustrating right now. Has anyone else edxperienced
this?   I have been using the same batch of slides for a couple of weeks....

Thanks
Joie