[Histonet] PhosStop and Complete and cryosections

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 09:14:24 CST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

I am looking to use PhosStop and Complete (both from Roche) in my fixative for cryosections (and cytospins).  I have used in in the past in formalin for FFPE xenografts, and now I want to use it as a cryo-section fixative.  What I want to know is:

has anyone tried this?
is this solution re-usable (for more than one rack of slides); will I need a fresh batch for each rack or can I re-use it for several racks during the same day.  They are both supposed to be stable, once dissolved, at 4C for 1-month.  I don't know how much "depletion" or inactivation will occur if I use this reagent repeated during the day (it would probably only be about 8 racks of slides in the fixative)
should I keep it cold (ie - fix the slides @ 4C) or can I use it at Room Temp (fix the slides at RT)

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,
Kim