[Histonet] Autoradiography troubleshooting urgent

Kinsley, David david.kinsley <@t> spcorp.com
Wed Jan 14 15:32:36 CST 2009

Hi,

I have an urgent question concerning trouble shooting of emulsion dipped histology slides. After developing emulsion dipped in situ slides stored in refrigerator for 4 weeks I found that all my slides have a cracked window appearance throughout the slide. This effect is clearly due to the emulsion because it could be eliminated when the emulsion was wiped out from both sides of the slide. Can anyone help me to figure out what has caused this effect. It has never happened to my in situ slides before and I have been following the same protocol for years.

I'm using all Kodak reagents, D-19 developer, Fixer, and NTB emulsion.

Any advice is appreciated and I need them quick since I still have another batch of slides to develop this week.

Thanks

Dave