[Histonet] Work flow, quality issues

Michael LaFriniere MLafrini <@t> csmlab.com
Tue Jan 27 07:41:12 CST 2009

Steven,

It would be my suggestion that the Histology team get together to
include the supervisor to facilitate and address the quality issues that
you, your labs Pathologist (s) and Director are experiencing since there
has been questions raised in this arena. The "team" needs to come up
with a plan to meet the needs to demonstrate increased quality and/or
productivity. If all are on board and "bought in" to a change, the
results and plan will happen much more quickly and smoothly. The
Supervisor/Manager should be in a  position to take this responsibility,
motivate staff as well as personal initiative.

  Steven, It appears from what you explained the Supervisor/Manager
need to step up to the plate to understand your concern of all your
associates/coworkers and that your methodology may increase quality
and/or productivity with demonstrating by example. (what you explained,
sounds like a nightmare)!

You do know what its like to be in a new vehicle, the technology, the
feel, the looks the smell...?
Every Histologist has a certain talent and if it should be ignored by
the Supervisor/Manager/Director/Pathologist, it may be time to give your
seat up on that old bus and get on a much newer model to allow you the
opportunity to feel good at what do what you do best...fortunate for us
in histology /pathology there are plenty of new vehicles out there !

Your current employer is fortunate to have an employee that
demonstrates care and compassion for high quality expectations for the
patient!

Michael

Michael R. LaFriniere
Executive Director
Cytology Services of Maryland (CSM)
301-206-2555 ext 27      301-206-2595 fax
michael.lafriniere <@t> csmlab.com