[Histonet] Question to all my colleagues!

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 11:12:52 CST 2009

First, Happy New Year to all!

Second: I am sure you are becoming aware of a growing tendency in tissue processing, namely, the increasing use of iso-propanol, also called isopropylic alcohol or 2-propanol for tissue processing in substitution of both ethanol and specially xylene.

Most of those labs using the Peloris tissue processor use iso-propanol and paraffin wax only, but the use is beginning to spread amongst labs that do not work with this instrument.

My question is: Would you mind letting me know which laboratories use iso-propanol for tissue processing instead of xylene?

I will really appreciate your answer, either directly to me or shared with all in HistoNet.
Regards
René J.