[Histonet] Histobath Fluids

petuma <@t> mmm.com petuma <@t> mmm.com
Wed Feb 18 10:27:42 CST 2009

I have noted postings by Bob Richmond and others concerning nonflammable
alternatives to hydrocarbon bath fluids for Histobaths.  I work as a heat
transfer Application Engineer in the division of 3M that manufactures the
Novec line of fluids including the HFE-7100 that has been mentioned.  I do
not want my posting to be too commercial but it is true that this fluid
and others of similar chemistry functions quite well in these applications
and have also been used in tissue preservation applications.  I am happy
to provide more information off-line to any interested parties.  Please do
not hesitate to contact me at petuma <@t> mmm.com.

Phil E. Tuma
3M Electronics Markets
Materials Division